MP Tweet List is a free WordPress plugin that displays your most recent tweets in any widgetized area of your website.
Need troubleshooting? Want to make a suggestion for improvement? Comment Below
== Description ==
This plugin will add a widget that can be used in any widgetized area in your theme. It is fully customizable, allowing you to choose the widget title, how many tweets to display and which user’s tweets to display. It also allows you to choose whether or not to convert @mentions, #hashtags and links independent of eachother.
This plugin supports up to two Twitter users at the same time. Many blogs and websites have multiple authors and you may want to display two users’ tweets that is where the MP Tweet List comes in handy. If you only want to display one Twitter user, simply leave the second user field blank.
As of June 11th, 2013, Twitter ended the use of its API 1.0 which allowed access to tweets without authentication. The Twitter API 1.1 requires authentication to access tweet data and therefore only Version 3.0 or greater of the MP Tweet List will continue to work.
== Installation ==
1. Upload the `mp-tweet-list` directory to the `/wp-content/plugins/` directory
2. Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
3. On the Settings page for the Plugin, follow the simple step-by-step process to create a Twitter app and set-up authentication.
4. Drag the MP Tweet List Widget into any widgetized area on your theme.
5. Configure Widget options.
== Frequently Asked Questions ==
Can I display x number of tweets from user1 and y number of tweets from user2?
At the moment, no. This plugin will evenly distribute the number of tweets displayed. For example, if 10 is selected – user1 will show 5 tweets and user2 will show 5 tweets. If 9 is selected – user1 will show 4 tweets and user2 will show 4 tweets.
Tweets are no longer showing up on my website, why?
Please upgrade to Version 3.0 due to Twitter API changes.
== Screenshots ==
== Changelog ==
= 4.1 =
* PHP 7.2 compatibility warnings fixed
= 4.0 =
* Adds option to remove direct replies from the feed
* Adds option to display the tweet timestamp to the feed
= 3.1 =
* Checks if Twitter OAuthException is already declared before declaring it (for better compatibility with other plugins)
= 3.0 =
* Makes use of Twitter API 1.1’s OAuth authentication.
= 2.0 =
* Changed method of gathering tweets to cURL, to better support shared server environments
= 1.0 =
* Initial Release
== Donate ==
MikesPickz Web Solutions, Inc. is proud to provide WordPress Plugins and Themes to users at no cost. Any donations are greatly appreciated and will allow us to continue to develop into the future.